SCHENECTADY â An early morning fire damaged part the Daily Gazetteâs Maxon Road Extension headquarters, the newspaper reported on its website Sunday.
An agent with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives was called to the scene after the 6 a.m. blaze, the newspaper says.
The Gazette reports the fire appears to have started in multiple places in the mailroom and the press room.
Firefighters extinguished the flames but the newspaper reports the fire caused electrical damage.
SEE THE GAZETTE STORY (Pay wall)
A district manager told the newspaper he believed he was the only employee in the building when the lights went out. He said he then noticed the flames.