FASHION: Make a summer style statement with knots and bows – the Irish News
THE spring/summer catwalks gave us some seriously flashy trends – hot pink and Flamenco ruffles, anyone? But there’s been a much subtler look that has, slowly but surely, crept onto the high street. And now it’s EVERYWHERE.
There’s not a shirt, skirt or shoe variety that hasn’t been given the knot treatment, with twisty draping and cute bow-ties adding interest to dresses and camisoles we can’t wait to take on holiday.
That’s the thing about this trend, it’s so far-reaching that you’d be hard-pushed not to find something you love that ticks the tied-up box, whether you’re a boho babe or athleisure devotee.
From casual tops to going-out gear and the must-have pool sliders of the summer, these are the ten tied pieces we’re loving right now…
1. Oliver Bonas Asymmetric Stripe Dress, £69.50 (available June); Cork Detail High Wedge Sandals, £65; Reya Statement Disc Necklace, £85 (www.oliverbonas.com)
2. Voir Lab Side Tie Blouse, £80; Bottom Split Jeans, £78 (www.voirlab.com)
3. Hobbs Louise Skirt, £110 (www.hobbs.co.uk)
4. Dorothy Perkins Plisse Blush Knot Front Maxi Dress, £38 (www.dorothyperkins.com)
5. Isabel Marant Knotted Leather Bracelet, £72 (reduced from £180), TheOutnet.com
6. Oliver Bonas Agata Dress, £55 (available June; www.oliverbonas.com)
7. Monsoon Roz Stripe Cropped Trousers, £39 (www.monsoon.co.uk)
8. Nine by Savannah Miller Black Knot Front Crop Top, £15 (reduced from £25), Debenhams (www.debenhams.com)
9. M&S Collection Leather Knot Slide Sandals, £35 (www.marksandspencer.com)
10. Hobbs Obi Belt, £69 (www.hobbs.co.uk)
GET THE LOOK
For the ‘something old’ on her big day, Pippa Middleton chose the earrings she wore when she was bridesmaid to sister Kate, a diamond pair commissioned by the Middleton family from jewellers Robinson Pelham. Like the look but not sure your bridal budget will stretch to the same heights? These lookalike Cubic Zirconia drop earrings from John Lewis are perfectly pretty and just £119.
:: Jools by Jenny Brown Pave Surround Tear Drop Earrings, £119, John Lewis (www.johnlewis.com)
BUY IT NOW
Art deco print meets a cool pastel palette on this edgy but elegant dress from Skeena S. Wear it with silver mules and a bold pink lip to your next wedding.
:: Skeena S Long Sleeved Abstract Print Mini Dress, £140, OwntheLook.com
:: TANKINIS TO THE RESCUE
Bikinis – fun summer swimwear or harbinger of low self-esteem? If you fall in the latter camp, you’re not alone, as new research reveals that only a quarter of women feel confident in a tiny two-piece. Tankinis, on the other hand, make most women feel confident (60 per cent), according to the survey by courier service CollectPlus, followed by modest swimsuits (59 per cent) and cut-out swimsuits (44 per cent).
The high street has been brimming with fantastic bridalwear this season, and here comes another range of wow-worthy frocks for under £200. Chi Chi Clothing’s 16-piece collection of wedding dresses starts from £85, with petite and curve options in sizes from 4 to 26. We predict a sell-out when it lands mid-June on ChiChiClothing.com.
:: Chi Chi Clothing Amelia Dress, £130 (www.chichiclothing.com)